Farmers Cooperative Elevator Company has always been committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal financial information we collect from our Patrons in the normal course of business. We do not provide account or personal information to any company or person for the purpose of telemarketing or direct mail marketing. We are dedicated to maintaining the confidentiality and security of information that we collect. This is notice to you of our policies and practices regarding your privacy.
Categories of Information Collected
Farmers Cooperative Elevator Company collects only the Patron information that is necessary to administer its business and to provide goods and services to its Patrons. Information that may be received from you includes name, address, social security number, assets, financial statements, liabilities, credit references, information from consumer reporting agencies or financial institutions regarding your credit worthiness or credit history, amount of investment, rate of return, etc. The categories of non-public personal information that may be collected about Patrons include:
- Information we receive from you on applications for credit.
- Information we receive from you on applications for agricultural input financing that may be provided to either an Affiliated or Non-Affiliated agricultural financing institution that may supply financing.
- Information received from you or about your transactions with us to be used to allocate savings, redeem member’s equity and manage stock or memberships interests.
- Information about your purchases and use of regulated chemicals, fertilizers, or petroleum products.
Categories of Information we Disclose and to Whom Disclosure is Made
We may disclose the following kinds of nonpublic personal information about you.
- Information we collect from you on credit applications and agricultural input financing applications that you authorize us to disclose in order to secure approval of credit or input financing from Affiliated or Non-Affiliated financing institutions.
- Information regarding allocations of Patronage savings or interest paid on investment certificates that we are required by law to report to the Internal Revenue Service.
- Information we have collected from you and about you to companies or joint venture partners that are Affiliates of the Cooperative in order to market to you the full range of products and services provided by the Cooperative and its Affiliates.
- Information about your purchases and use of certain regulated chemicals, fertilizers, or petroleum products that we may be required by law to report to state or federal regulatory agencies.
- Any information collected about you that we must disclose as required by law or legal process, including but not limited to reporting under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
If you decide to no longer be a Patron of the Cooperative or become ineligible to be a Patron of the Cooperative we will adhere to the privacy policies and practices as described in this notice.
Confidentiality and Security
We restrict access to a Patron’s nonpublic personal information in our possession to (1) those employees who need to know that information to provide the products and services to you or (2) those charged with the administration of credit or member’s equities. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.